World Peace

World Peace

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beach Walk

I have never walked so much in my life! I just thought Croatia was a lot of walking. Here in Cape Town, you have to walk 30 minutes to get anywhere! Thirty minutes doesn't seem like a lot, but when you add in the walk back and all the sketchy buses and people that you are having to run from, it adds up!



But, I really wanted to see Blawbaurgh beach before I left. So, me and Laina decided the walk was worth it. We set out after work to walk to the beach. We walked through a homeless village, a mini bus parade, and a Chinese shop where all the drug lords hang out. Then, we made it to the beach. Once we got there we were debating if we really wanted to concur the walk back. It was a great beach! Kinda deserted, but great. I have never seen a sport as cool as kite surfing. If I didn't have a fear of water, I would definitely give the sport a go. These people get air born for up to minutes at a time, and they go so so fast. It looks bloody awesome, as all the British folks would say.


Table Mountain is still the most amazing thing to me. In the picture above you can see the 'table cloth' directly above the mountain. This happens almost everyday. Rarely is Table Mountain completely uncovered by clouds. Some days, if you didn't know that Table Mountain existed, you would be completely oblivious to it. The clouds just take it over. Directly beside Table Mountain is Lions' Head.


Just thought I would give a quick post on the beach walk! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment